REMLIVE electrical safety live line indicators (RL24IC) have been keeping workplaces in Australia and New Zealand safe for more than a decade. This indicator provides a visual reminder that a circuit is live, which reduces the risk of accidents, speeds up the fault-finding process and ultimately saves lives.
The primary function of a REMLIVE live line indicator is to provide visual confirmation of the presence of live voltage. The REMLIVE monitoring unit is typically connected to the outgoing side (load side) of the isolating point or switch, the operator/user performing the isolation check can view that the device is functional (LEDs ON) when connected to supply, and once isolation is performed, can observe the change of state (LEDs changing from ON to OFF) on the REMLIVE display unit after isolation has occurred. This is important, as even after isolation has occurred, dangerous voltage levels can still be present in the circuit and be unsafe for the operator who is exposed to the installation. The REMLIVE product assists in this regard by providing visual indication if the circuit is still live even after an isolator has been switched off.
It is important to note that other safety isolation and testing procedures still apply before directly interfacing with the switchboard or control panel.
The REMLIVE live line indicator is supplied with three major components - a DIN rail mount main monitoring or base unit, a door display unit and a RJ45 cable to connect the monitoring unit with the door display. The monitoring unit is simply mounted to DIN rail, usually inside the switchboard or control panel assembly. Both of these units are electrically isolated from one another.
The door display unit is designed to fit through the front of a control panel or switchboard so that the user can clearly see the live voltage status via the LEDs. The bright flashing LEDs on the display unit are designed to attract the attention of the user, indicating that dangerous voltage levels are still present and that no direct contact should be made with equipment inside the panel until complete isolation has been established.
All three phases (L1, L2, L3) and neutral are represented individually by LEDs on the display, which can assist with fault finding and enables the operator to quickly view if the three phases and neutral are live. Low voltage (3.8V DC) to the door display unit also ensures maximum safety to the operator who comes into contact with the display.
Features of the REMLIVE live line indicator include:
- Provides visual indication of an presence or absence of live voltage
- Broad range of voltages monitored: 24-1000V AC and 26-1000V DC (voltage tolerance of +10%, -11% in compliance to IEC 60038:2012)
- 1000V AC Cat III and 690V AC Cat IV configurations
- 1000V DC Cat III and 600V DC Cat IV configurations
- Install in new or existing control panels with ease
- Compliance with IEC 60204 – Safety of Machines (Insulation Test)
- Super bright flashing LEDs to grab users’ attention
- Consistent flash rate, once every second
- Internal surge protection. Embedded 500mA fuse protection upstream of internal surge protection
- Maintenance free
- Fully IP 66 certified, ensuring your switchboard maintains its overall ingress protection rating
- Housed in a robust V0 rated enclosure, selected for its durability and protective, insulation and zero halogen properties.
The REMLIVE live line indicator is relevant for use in applications across a number of major industries including (but not limited to):
- Water and wastewater
- Oil and gas
If you would like us to contact you to discuss your requirements, please fill in the form below.