With local Australian adaptations of IEC 60947-3 edition 3.2, AS 60947.3:2018 has now been enforced and will be mandatory come June 30, 2019.
Compliant to the latest Australian Standards and Electrical Regulatory Authorities Council (ERAC), NHP’s DC Isolator ISO432MPV is tested in accordance with AS 60947.3:2018 as a level 3 prescribed item (B.2.63).
The new standard AS 60947-3:2018 includes requirements specifically for DC isolators used with PV solar installations. The main changes, including Australian deviations, to AS 60947-3:2018 are:
- For devices used in outdoor applications, a rating of IP56NW (means no water in enclosure after IPX6 water jet test is applied)
- The solar effects test on switchgear in its enclosure at rated current (this is in the latest IEC 60947-3 edition 3.2 published in 2015)
- For PV applications, the utilisation categories are replaced by DC-PV2 and the switch disconnector shall be DC-PV2
To ensure full compliance, NHP developed this durable product featuring:
- Ranging up to 32A 1200V DC, DC-PV2
- Self-extinguishing material
- Wide operating temperature range
- Door interlock with anti-defeat mechanism
- Excellent insulation
- Good UV resistance
- Good resistance against many chemicals
Furthermore, the Clean Energy Council advises that if condensation is going to be an issue in the enclosure that a breather/pressure equalisation valve must be installed. Any breathers/pressure equalisation devices need to meet the same requirements of the entry and exit glands. The devices need to be IP56 or above.
To maintain IP66NW for ISO432MPV, it is recommended to use glands and breathers/pressure equalisation devices with an IP66 rating.
NHP can offer an M12 breather/pressure equalisation device (DA28406) suitable for ISO432MPV. Contact NHP now for more details.