CIP safety over EtherNet/IP enables integration of the SafeZone 3 safety laser scanner in a safety control system.*
Rockwell Automation introduces the new Allen-Bradley® Guardmaster® SafeZone™ 3 with CIP Safety™. Using Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) Safety over Ethernet/IP™, the SafeZone 3 safety laser scanner adds the advantage of integration with a GuardLogix® control system using Studio 5000 Logix Designer®. It also supports Device Level Ring (DLR) network topology which helps increase network resiliency.
Designed for use on or around dangerous areas, accesses, and hazardous points, the SafeZone 3 is the next generation safety laser scanner platform that features high definition distance measurement scanning technology. This scanning technology improves the accuracy of the scan data and increases the scanner’s immunity to dust, smoke and optical interferences. In addition, the configuration memory in the system plug of the SafeZone 3 helps prevent downtime when a quick replacement of the device is needed. Other features include a bright, multi-colored display with user-friendly push buttons for display of device settings and status.
The SafeZone 3 scanner offers a wide 275° scanning angle and configurable resolution range of 30 mm (1.18 in.) to 200 mm (7.87 in.) and meets applicable safety standards as a Type 3 device per IEC 61496, PLd per ISO 13849-1, SIL 2 per IEC 61508.
Features and benefits
• EtherNet/IP connectivity can help improve installation time
• Easy integration using an add-on profile in Studio 5000 Logix Designer
• Supports Device Level Ring (DLR) network topology to help increase network resiliency
• High definition distance measurement scanning technology helps prevent dust, smoke and optical interferences
• Quick device replacement of the configuration memory and IP address which is stored in the scanner’s system plug
• Easy implementation of contextual information via faceplates for view platform
• Bright, multi-colored display and user-friendly push buttons offer device settings and diagnostic information
• Wide 275° scanning angle
• MultiZone safety field is 5.5 m, 8 configurable fields
• Simultaneously monitors up to 4 fields (safety and warning)
• Configurable resolutions of: – 30 mm (1.18 in.) – 40 mm (1.57 in.) – 50 mm (1.96 in.) – 70 mm (2.75 in.) – 150 mm (5.90 in.) – 200 mm (7.87 in.)
• Replaceable optic cover, cover plate and a variety of mounting brackets are available
• Safety rated: Type 3 per IEC 61496, PLd per ISO13849-1, SIL 2 per IEC 61508
*Only for use with a safety controller (such as a Compact GuardLogix® 5380 controller) or safety-enabled control system.